Monday, August 9, 2010

Warm Vomit....?

My most recent bunch of paintings, I noticed, mostly involved a cold color scheme – lots of blues, purples, etc. At least that was the case up until my most recent art show at Café Zope, where I wanted to play off of the natural color setting there, which was yellow / off-white / eggshell. As a result, I’m noticing that most of my paintings currently in progress are going in an opposite direction. I think it’s because I’m trying to get away from the cold stuff…..and because I’ve been playing a lot of Dante’s Inferno on the 360 and I’m certain the Hell imagery is influencing my work.

Oh, how I’d LOVE to do a “Nine Circles of Hell” series…but that’s gonna have to wait because I’m too busy AND I personally feel like that’d be too close to Dave Quiggle’s fan-fucking-tastic “Seven Deadly Sins” series. One day though…one day…
So, I’ve been working with a lot of warm colors….chances are Matt’s going to end up with some overly warm painting to work on.


Also, everything has been vomiting in my paintings lately. I dunno why.

No comments:

Post a Comment