Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I wasn't fucking around about that throw up shit.


Matt sort of dodged the 'deal with a horned floating face throwing up' bullet....because I painted it on a canvas tonight that was below our agreed upon size, AND used up more than 50% of the canvas.

He didn't dodge the way worse ideas I came up with in the mean time though.

Why am I so fixated on creatures vomiting candy?

I agree with Matt - it would be a suuuuper rad idea to get a large group of artists banging out team up paintings. I'm toying with the idea of setting up a show at lulubell (the gallery I curate at, in case you're a bad friend and didn't know...) for sometime next year along those same lines.

The notion of working on a piece that another artist started is awesome. It's equal parts exciting and fucking stressful in a good way. All in all I'm more poop-my-pants excited about this than anything else.

In other news - who's used "crackle" before? No, it wont get you high but it will give you an "aged cracked finish" on your paintings...if that's the sort of sick shit you're into. And, yes, it is called "crackle", I could do way better than that.






I'm not entirely certain it's even meant to be used with acrylic paint, or on canvas - but it works pretty well, as you can see here.



Don't be afraid to use some stuff that you're not sure about on a painting...one time I threw Strip-e-Doo (an industrial strength screen cleaner for silk screens) on a painting not knowing if it would do nothing at all....or cause my canvas to light on fire. In the end it caused some really rad looking chemical rings on the painting and I ended up selling it to some poor bastard in Phoenix. So be adventurous and toss some shit on a painting...just dont do pool shock and break fluid...that really will blow up, no shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment