Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dave/Matt Voltron-Like Team Up

Hi everyone, Dave here! So we've had this blog for about a year now and never used it so I figured its high time to start. Disregard the "clothing" moniker, thats how old this blog is - it's from when GM was going to be a strictly clothing producing entity....which is no longer exclusively the case.

Recently I offered up an idea to a friend of mine, Matt McCord, (who will be an admin / guest ranter on here shortly) to team up on a painting - being a rad kid, he was down. So I figured why not take it a step further and rant on here about our project and what we're going to be doing.

It's a simple enough premise, we're both going to paint roughly 50% of two 20x18 canvas then ship them to each other to complete. the deadline is, roughly december. So Matt and I will be detailing this project via this blog, and you're invited to tag along.

So far I have nothing tangible done.....I had a canvas painted out and ALMOST ready to ship to Matt, but then I realized that I liked the canvas just the way it was and decided that it was finished, once it's clear coated

here it is.


It's rare for me to leave so much open space, to use so few color and to utilize such drastic brushstroke economy (which is a fantastic indie band name) - so I liked it. I also realized that sending a painting to Matt that had so much splash and watercolor-esque shading would be cruel because it'd be hard as fuck to paint around that without wiping it out, not that I would have minded because I trust Matt entirely in that artistic sense...I just didn't want him all full of anxiety about perhaps coverign up a lot of what was there.

Thats it for now, gotta work in the morning. more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment